Expert Garage Additions and Renovations in Toronto
Finding extra space to be able to store things can be difficult, especially in a bustling city like Toronto. At Renovation Collective we can help you with a number of garage renovations, whether it’s overhauling a dated garage to give it a new updated look, installing new shelving units or other space-saving features, or building a garage from scratch.
What To Consider When Planning To Add A Garage To Your Property
Unfortunately, we don’t live in a world where you can simply build whatever you want on your property. Zoning, boundary lines, drainage, and more all need to be considered when planning to add a building of any size on your property.
- City building codes
- The size of the garage you want to feed your needs
- Freestanding garage or attached
- What you want to use your garage for, ie. storage, parking vehicles, hangout spot
- The cost of the project
- If your property has homeowner association restrictions
- The look you want and materials you want to use
All of these can be discussed with a general contractor near you to come up with the best building plan to suit your needs.
Contact Your Local Garage Contractor In Toronto For Your Free Quote
At Renovation Collective we pride ourselves on providing outstanding quality work in a timely and cost-efficient manner. Located in Toronto near you, we are more than happy to come to your home to discuss your garage renovation needs. Always providing you with a free quote. Contact our office today to set up your appointment. 647-262-3343
FAQ About Garage Renovations In Toronto
🧰 What Is A Building Permit?
- A building permit is a legal document issued by the municipal offices of your city of residence to provide authorization to begin construction of a building project. Each municipality has its own set of zoning and coding bylaws, so it is important to be aware of your when submitting an application for a building permit.
🧰 How Much Does It Cost To Build A Garage?
- There are a number of factors that will determine the cost of a garage build. Typically garages range anywhere from $20,000-$75,000 for materials and labour and these figures are all determined by the size of the garage and the level of quality of the materials used. Contact us to learn more.
🧰 How Long Does It Take To Build A Garage?
- Each construction project is different so a definitive timeline for any given project is difficult to give. When it comes to garages, the time needed for construction depends on whether the garage is going to be freestanding or attached to the house, if it is going to be complex and include built-ins, plumbing or even HVAC components, and what the existing footprint of the proposed site for the garage currently is. If you are looking to complete a garage build it is best to contact a qualified general contractor near you to discuss your vision so that they can determine a realistic timeline for completion.
🧰 Can A Garage Be Converted Into An Interior Room?
- Depending on the layout of your space it might be possible to convert an existing garage space into an additional room in your home, but things to consider if you want to do this are; the HVAC layout of your home, plumbing tie ins if necessary, the replacement of your garage door with a new wall and possibly smaller entryway, and do you have sufficient alternate parking arrangements available. Contact us to learn more.
Here’s what Christopher said on Google:
“We hired RCT to do our bathroom renovation recently. We had the tub converted to a shower. I can’t tell you how happy we are with the final product. Josh is very easy to work with.”
Rating: 5/5 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐