When you are looking for a qualified general contractor to help you with your kitchen renovation in Toronto, you want someone who will listen and be able to bring your vision to life. The kitchen is the heart of your home, it needs to be functional but can also be beautiful and bring great value to the worth of your property.
Whether you are looking to remove walls for a more open-concept look, replace kitchen cabinets, or perhaps want to do a complete kitchen makeover, at Renovation Collective Toronto we have the experience and expertise to give you the kitchen of your dreams. Maybe you know exactly what you are looking for when it comes to your kitchen remodel goals, or maybe you’re just starting to plan. Either way, we can walk you step by step through the process, providing the highest quality results while working within your desired budget.
What to Consider When Remodeling a Kitchen?
Any kitchen has an extensive list of moving parts that help it function properly. From plumbing and HVAC to cabinet height and layout, even appliance placement. All of these need to be considered when planning a kitchen restoration or renovation.
Existing Layout and Infrastructure
Sometimes kitchens just aren’t laid out the way we want, especially in older-century homes or small condos. Simply because your kitchen is designed one way does not mean it must remain with that footprint. An experienced general contractor will be able to help you determine if windows, doors, or even walls can be moved if needed. While figuring out the new desired layout for your kitchen redo it is important to consider the original infrastructure you are working with. Where electrical lines and plumbing runs. These might have to be moved depending on the scope of the remodel you have in mind.
When it comes down to it, working within the square footage of your kitchen space is vitally important. Everyone has been in a kitchen with a layout that just doesn’t work, and it causes nothing but frustration. There are many ways an experienced contractor can help you plan the most efficient use of the space to maximize the kitchen’s functionality and also modernize the room. While considering the size of your kitchen you want to ask yourself:
- Does the kitchen have an island or do you plan to add one?
- Is there adequate food prep space?
- How do the appliances fit into the space?
- Is there decent room to maneuver within the kitchen?
- Is there an eat-in space or do you want to add one?
What do you want to do in your kitchen? It’s probably the first question to ask yourself when planning a kitchen remodel. Do you want to be able to entertain in your kitchen? Do you enjoy cooking and trying new recipes? Do you value function over style or vice versa? The answers to these questions will help you determine the perfect layout for your kitchen makeover. The general contractors at Renovation Collective have the expertise to help you answer these questions and give you informed opinions about the best way to achieve what you want in the most efficient way possible.
Granite countertops look very different than bamboo. Light kitchen cabinets create an entirely different mood than dark oak cabinets. Determining the building materials you want to be used for your kitchen remodel project can be a daunting task. A qualified general contractor near you can help you choose the right materials for the look you want while working within a budget you are comfortable with.
When planning your modern kitchen renovation project, choosing the right building materials becomes a crucial decision. The selection of kitchen cabinets and countertops can significantly impact the overall aesthetic and ambiance of your space. Granite countertops exude a distinct elegance, while bamboo offers a more natural and eco-friendly appeal. Likewise, the choice between light kitchen cabinets and dark oak cabinets can create contrasting moods in your kitchen. To navigate through this overwhelming task, enlist the expertise of qualified renovation contractors. They can guide you in selecting the ideal materials that align with your desired look while staying within your comfortable budget.
What Our Clients Say
“I couldn’t be any happier than I am with the work done by RCT. Josh and Shamus take excellent pride in their work and it shows. They both were extremely friendly, considerate of my schedule and made sure after each work day to leave the place in neat and tidy order. I would recommend RCT for any job, big or small, you will not be disappointed.”
Rating: 5/5 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
By: Jason Fusz
Read more of our reviews on Google!
Small Condo Kitchens
When it comes down to it, working within the limited square footage of your small condo kitchen space is vitally important. Everyone has been in a small kitchen with a layout that just doesn’t work, and it causes nothing but frustration. There are many ways an experienced contractor specializing in kitchen renovation can help you plan the most efficient use of the space to maximize the kitchen’s functionality and modernize the room. While considering the size of your small condo kitchen, you want to ask yourself:
- Does the kitchen have an island or do you plan to add one?
- Is there adequate food prep space in the limited area?
- How do the appliances fit into the small space?
- Is there decent room to maneuver within the compact kitchen?
- Is there an eat-in space or do you want to add one to optimize the available area?
Condo Kitchen Usage
What do you want to do in your small condo kitchen? It’s probably the first question to ask yourself when planning a kitchen remodel. Do you want to be able to entertain in your cozy kitchen? Do you enjoy cooking and experimenting with new recipes despite the limited space? Do you prioritize function over style or vice versa? The answers to these questions will help you determine the perfect layout for your small condo kitchen makeover. The renovation contractors at Renovation Collective have the expertise to assist you in answering these questions and provide informed opinions about the best way to achieve what you want in the most efficient way possible.
Contact Your Local Kitchen Contractor For Your Free Quote
At Renovation Collective Toronto we pride ourselves on providing outstanding quality work in a timely and cost-efficient manner. Located in the greater Toronto area, we are more than happy to come to your home to discuss your renovation plans and provide you with a free quote. Contact our office today to set up your appointment.
FAQ About Kitchen Renovations In Toronto
🧰 What Is A Building Permit?
- A building permit is a legal document issued by the municipal offices of your city of residence to provide authorization to begin construction of a building project. Each municipality has its own set of zoning and coding bylaws, so it is important to be aware of your when submitting an application for a building permit.
🧰 How Much Does It Cost To Update A Kitchen?
- There are a number of factors that will determine the cost of a kitchen renovation, especially since there is such a wide price range for elements such as countertops, appliances, and flooring. Typically remodels run between $75-$250 a square foot which works out to be around $13,000-$38,000 for materials and labour. Contact us to learn more.
🧰 How Long Does It Take To Renovate A Kitchen?
- Each construction project is different so a definitive timeline for any given project is difficult to give. When it comes to kitchen remodels, the time needed for construction depends on how much is being renovated. For example, is the kitchen being completely gutted, or the footprint being altered? If so it will take significantly longer than if cupboards and fixtures are simply being upgraded. If you are looking to complete a kitchen renovation project it is best to contact a qualified general contractor near you to discuss your vision so that they can determine a realistic timeline for completion.
🧰 What Is The Most Expensive Item When Upgrading A Kitchen?
- Generally speaking, cabinetry ends up being the biggest cost item when renovating a kitchen because of the volume of it. Countertops, appliances, and flooring can all be on the more expensive side as well depending on the type of material chosen to be used.